Sunday, March 23, 2014

The best things in life happen when you least expect them

It's been almost 7 months since I left West Chester and started my life over. Everyday things get better. It's to the point now where I don't even think about him. I don't care how he feels and I honestly don't care about him at all. That's progress. I'm in therapy now, I'm actively looking for work, and it finally feels like I'm getting all my ducks in a row. Focusing on myself these last 7 months has been wonderful. My friends and my family have been nothing but supportive. Being able to spend proper time with them has also done wonders for me. I have seen my two best friends Crystal and Colleen more in these last several months than I have in the last 4 years combined. And when you have friends like them in your life, not spending time with them would be a crime.


Having so much time to think about things and figure myself out has also proved to be a huge factor in the process of opening myself up for new experiences. Going new places, trying new things and meeting new people. All of these thing, plus my love of me, has seriously helped me and will continue to help me figure out exactly who I am. These last several months I have learned the following... 1. I truly love and have always loved art. I kind of knew this already but I have re-affirmed this by realizing that art is not only my most favorite way of expressing myself, but it is also a fantastic form of therapy. 2. I am an honest to goodness lover of all things Disney...especially movies. specifically Finding Nemo and The Lion King. This affirmation makes me even more adamant about eventually getting my ass to Disney World. And as far as I'm concerned..no one is ever too old to love Disney, or anything animated for that matter.


3. I really really love everything retro. specifically 40's and 50's. The clothes, the hair, and the makeup. Adding to this would be the fact that I am loving retro-like tattoos. Which leads to number 4. I LOVE TATTOOS!!!! I now have nine, and I a planning on doing two half sleeves, and even possibly 1 full sleeve and one half sleeve. I don't care what people think of them, I don't care if jobs hate them, and I don't care that I'll be an 80 year old women covered in tats. They are beautiful to me. All of my tattoos do and will mean something to me, and I am fully prepared to go through life as a tatted up vixen.

Last but certainly not least is number 5. I deserve happiness. I deserve to smile everyday; I deserve to wake up every morning knowing that I am worth every wonderful thing that this beautiful life has to offer me. And I certainly deserve to meet someone who is not only perfect for me, but who also thinks I am as beautiful and as wonderful as I know I am. I recently met someone who is frankly so wonderful that I honestly didn't think that anyone like him would ever exist. I wasn't expecting to meet anyone, but I couldn't be happier that that unexpected person was him.

 Have you ever met someone and you knew that they were put in your life for an all the right reasons? Well I met that guy and it may be new, and surprising but it's perfectly wonderful. We are just getting to know each other, and even though it is new...I just have this feeling that it's going to be something amazing. We have a ridiculous amount of things in common, to the point where it's past coincidences and venturing into the "meant to be" territory. The best part is, he feels the same way. Neither of us can explain it, but we both know it's special. He's sweet and kind and honest and literally the most handsome man I have ever met...EVER. Plus, he thinks I'm gorgeous, he loves my smile and he truly likes me for me. And while we plan on taking it slow, we will continue to venture on this kismet journey of getting to know each other and I have a feeling that we will continue to find out not only that we have something completely fantastic, but also that we were brought into each other's lives for a very, very special reason. It's complete serendipity, and I can't wait to see where we go from here <3
I have the feeling that while these last 7 months have been beyond fantastic, that the coming months will be even better then I could have ever imagined, and I can't. freaking. wait. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment